Thursday, October 16, 2008

Next Generation Prius? Prius 2010


More photos at Autoblog

Autoblog published the photos of next generation Prius, 2010 Prius. From the look of it, no one will think it is anything but a Prius. Again the changes are seem to be in the internals, like the engine, that is said to be 1.8 letre and producing plus or minus 100HP. Again when combined with the electric motor, a total of 160HP will be at your feet.
But I do not understand the need for more power, recently I had an encounter with a Prius (not mine but anothers). I was in a V6 powered sports car that I had to use and I was trying to get to a place as fast as I could without breaking rules and laws. There was this Prius that kept up all the way with me. So I do not see the need for more power but well it is coming with the new Prius.
The other part which is not clear is if it is a plug in all the way like my current modified Prius. They are talking about Solar panels attached to the vehicle to charge the batteries. For a change people will be looking for a sunny place to park rather than a shade!

Shade or not, Honda is said to be coming out with a new insight. That is for another report.

No comments: