Monday, October 20, 2008

MINI - E, Me Too?

I was looking reading and digesting the "select private and corporate customers" in California, New York and New Jersey., the electric version of the Mini. After seeing the photos on the web and glancing on the specs, the only thought entered my mind was, they want to be me too! on the electric band wagon.
But after reading a bit more on the press release by BMW, I was relieved. They got to be better than that. The Mini-E is a sort of a prototype and it has a 150KW engine that gives a 150 mile range and will be released in a batch of 500 that is going to be released to "select private and corporate customers" in California, New York and New Jersey.
Do not feel bad because it is ugly motor home inside, gone are the rear two seats. There is a huge hump taking their place and has even shrunk the tiny storage area. I hope their real world experiment will help to reduce this ugliness once the real thing comes out, because I like the Mini, really and I want a one with E.

No comments: