Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Fossil Fuel Free Lawn Mowing for the new age.


Although I have used reel lawn movers for the better part of my life, like to move lawns when I was a kid to earn money, then our own lawn that became my job at home and later in life my own lawn.
Reel Movers give good exercise (takes long enough so it makes a sense!) and occasional blade sharpening will keep the task easier and grass on the ground (Otherwise it will uproot grass instead of cutting it!)
Anyway when I saw the article on treehugger, I was amused and happy at the same time to see the ways people have adopted reel lawn Mower for new age.
Looks like they are working and a tad difficult to finish the job it is intended for. But who knows, you might find it interesting and convert your bicycle and reel mower into a new tool and save the earth.
Treehugger article

No comments: