Saturday, August 02, 2008

A Lamborghini Goes On A 6,500-mile Round Trip, Qatar - Britain - Qatar For A Oil Change. And You Ask Where The Morons Are?

The oil price madness does not stop oil rich sheikh, in my eyes a moron, sending his Lamborghini on a 6,500-mile round trip to Britain for a service from Qatar.
The £190,000 supercar was put on a scheduled flight from Qatar to Heathrow – then flown BACK after the oil check according to The Sun. Yes they have photos to prove it as well.

This moron (I do not like to put people down but this guy is way beyond down) may have spent around £20,000-23000 ($39000-45000) for his oil change but I doubt he would have ever thought about global warming or carbon footprints. An airport worker said: “This car doesn’t have a carbon footprint – more of a crater.”

Yes I have some choice words in my mouth to describe this person but this is a public website. So I refrain. I think Lamborghini at least could have advised the brainless that it could have been done in Qatar.

Here is the link to the Sun article.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I couldn't figure out if there was anyone to email so I am posting this comment, please reply by email if you can.

My name is Nick Matzke, I'm a grad student at Berkeley and I am looking to build a solar-heated hot tub in my yard. I have plans etc. but I need to get some cheap solar water-heating (not electric) panels somewhere. I have heard vaguely that used panels, materials etc. are available in Berkeley, but I wonder if you have any specific ideas about where I can go & who I should talk to?

Thanks!
Nick Matzke
matzkeATberkeley.edu

ravenII said...

Hi Pseudopanax,
I remember seeing some old solar water heaters in a warehouse in Berkeley. I need to find out if it is still there. Once I check I will email you.