Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Zebra in your garage!, Sorry Xebra


The online newspaper for bay area (San Francisco bay area), Insidebayarea.com has an article on Xebra EV, electric vehicle. Xebra is pronounced Zebra and you can get your Xebra in zebra stripes, as shown in the picture.
I was lead to this article by a blog post that questioned "almost zero emissions" attached to the description of the cars and trucks. Did I say truck? yes they do have trucks.
Links are at the end, read the articles, they are very informative.
So I went on searching about why are the almost zero emission. I could not find an answer but I can guess. The car's batteries need to be charged using electricity and to produce electricity we may be burning Oil or coal or some other form that produce emissions. So non of the EV's could be zero emission. Your Zebra will be zero emission, if you have a household that is independent from the power grid (Solar Powered etc).
Another way is to get a Xebra Xero, that has it's own 150 WATT solar panel to charge the batteries. See the picture below
So Janis and Sebastian, I think once you find the answer, it will be similar to one I gave!

Links;
Inside Bay Area's Xero emission xebra
Almost zero emissions? by Autobloggreen
Zebra striped Xebras



No comments: